CORDEX Data Citation
As for CMIP5, the World Data Center for Climate (WDCC) offers the assignment of DataCite DOIs to CORDEX data to support the citation of CORDEX data. This service is provided for stable data for long-term usage.
- Data replication (if necessary) by WDCC in cooperation with you
- Additional quality control checks on data by WDCC
- Long-term archiving of data at WDCC
- Technical Quality Assurance (TQA) checks by WDCC: consistency of data and metadata
- Scientific Quality Assurance (SQA) by you: check of WDCC’s metadata and additional documentation of citation and scientific quality information
- DataCite DOI assignment and notification of the data creator/author by WDCC
DOI granularity for CORDEX:
- The targeted granularity for a DataCite DOI / citation entity for CORDEX is:
one DOI for data of a single domain created with the same RCM by the same institute
- Example: EUR-44 results of SMHI for RCA4-v1 for all driving models
Documentation and Overview:
- WDCC’s DataCite DOI process is documented here.
Contact and Information: