Script Based Download
To automatically access collections of files you have the option to download a Wget script from one of the ESGF portals.
!! This option is only valid for Linux or Mac operating systems !!
If you work behind a firewall, port 7512 (TCP) must be open.
Please perform the following steps:
- Login on one of the portals and add data to your DataCart
- Unless you are already registered, become member in the right access control group(s) for the data you need
- Download is limited to 1000 files per script. Optional but helpful: Reduce the number of files with the text filter function. Without the following sub-steps you will create a download script for whole datasets with all variables and that maybe many!
- In "My Data Cart" fill in the names of the variables you need into the text field (step 1)
- Click on "Apply" (step 2)
- Select "WGET Script"
- You will get a browser notification to download a file called similar to "wget-some_long_number.sh". Press OK to download.
- Optional but helpful: You may edit your script with a text editor. Delete lines with download files you don't need
- Execute the script:
- If you have Oracle Java 1.7+, use the default script call
- Else try -H option
bash wget-some_long_number.sh -H
- You will be asked for your OpenID and password. The script now contacts the portal where you are registered to retrieve security information
- Your download now starts - take a coffee
More detailed information can be found in the CoG User Tutorial Downloading data using ESGF Wget scripts.